"Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul."- Robert Anton Wilson

“It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding” – Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting Ready: Things I Need To Bring To The Hospital

I remember this famous song, goes: ~And now... the end is near... and so I face... the final curtain... (laughs) as it is getting really near to my due date, next week will be the last week of February already. What comes to my mind when I'm writing this? The list of things that I need to bring to do hospital when the right time comes. I will stay there for three days and two nights.

Check out the list below:

1. For my oral hygiene (toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, gums or mints for bad breath)
2. Alcohol or hand sanitizer
3. Underwear (3-5 panties & 2 maternity bras-I know when giving birth,they will ask you to take off the bra and panty, lols)
4. Breast pads
5. Sanitary napkins or adult diapers (after birth, I'm pretty sure I will have my heavy flow)
6. Deodorant and Lotion
7. Snacks to keep my energy up
8. Socks and slippers
9. Clothes to wear in the hospital and when checking out
10.Reading materials (magazine, pocket book, etc)
11. MP3 player to be able to relax
12.Digital camera
13.Passport
14.Pre-natal medical record
15. Breastfeeding privacy cloth (this is used when you don't want others look at you while your breastfeeding your baby)
16. Tissue
17. Bottle of water


Things that our baby Sofia needs:

1. mittens and socks
2. receiving blanket with hood
3. shirt
4. pants
5. diapers
6. baby wipes
7. cloth diaper
8. Bib

I still have some things on my mind, but for now... these are on my list. I may just add up later, if I already remember other essential things to include here.

I started buying baby's clothes and things she will be needing, since the first week of February. My husband bought a new car already so that little Sofia can safely travel with us, without any hassles at all. This week's agenda is to buy her a stroller, breast feeding privacy cloth and crib.

Next week, hopefully, we could be able to settle things for our new home. We will be moving to a bigger space because we are going to have a baby too soon. My husband and I already looked at the 3 bedrooms apartment near the Fashion Island mall here in Bangkok (still). I really hope by the first week of March we already have the new house so we could buy more stuff for the baby. At present, there's no enough room for those. I'll just crossed my fingers so it will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...