"Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul."- Robert Anton Wilson

“It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding” – Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Knocked Up : It's A Baby GIRL!!!





My pre-natal check up schedule for this month was this morning. That was a moment of truth for us and we’re excited to know about our baby’s gender. I forgot to bring the USB drive to save the ultrasound result in there. I am 23 weeks and 5 days pregnant now. Two more days and I’ll be 24 weeks, which means I am nearly on my 6 months. I’ve gained weight this month, as expected. Last month was 65.1 kilos and now I’m 68. My blood pressure is still normal.

Today, I was advised by the doctor to take an anti tetanus toxoid booster. I was nervous because the one thing I hate about visiting the hospital is to be injected whether extracting blood or giving a booster. It sucks but I need to. I was just lucky because the nurse was kind enough to inject me so light and easy that I couldn’t almost felt that she was done. I didn’t feel any pain and that was so quick. After the injection, I felt the effect of the medicine running through my veins and I started to feel the pain like I was punched on my left arm (laughs).

Based on the ultrasound, our baby’s gender is a girl. While looking at the monitor, I glanced at my Sweetheart’s reaction. I knew he was excited to see the baby in my womb through the ultrasound. We are happy to know that the baby is healthy and active in my tummy.

I requested the doctor to give me a medical certificate stating that I am not advised to travel for my visa run every after two months because I am nearly 6 months pregnant. It’ll take effect from January 1, 2010 onwards up to May next year. My due date is on April 22 or 24, so it won’t be possible to travel the day after my baby is born because I need to rest for at least a month. I asked for a medical certificate because I don’t want to go for a visa run for a long travel anymore since my tummy is getting bigger and I am afraid to risk my baby’s health and mine.

My visa will expire on January 1st next year, which would be this coming Friday already. I am going to go this Thursday in Cambodia to extend my visa run and to show my medical certificate at the embassy so they would allow me not to do the visa run anymore next time until April, 2010.

When we get back home at 3:30 pm, we’re already starving so I made food for our late lunch. I took out the marinated pork in the fridge to grill. I asked him what name we are going to give for our baby daughter. He likes the name “Samantha” which means told by God and listener and suggested to use my name for our daughter’s second name. I don’t know why he likes my name to go with our baby’s first name (laughs), but he’s really persistent. If, I were to ask, I love the name “Sofia” which means wisdom. The origin of the name is from Spanish (Sophia) http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?id=3643

I am happy that we are expecting a girl because I know that I could take care of her more because I am aware of the needs, emotions and anything about a girl. My daughter, Nikki is also excited about her kid sister. I’m sure they will get along well because they are both girls. They’ll absolutely share something in common. Finally, I’m happy because I know our baby will become daddy’s little girl when she arrive soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...