"Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul."- Robert Anton Wilson

“It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding” – Erma Bombeck

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Knocked Up: My 22nd Week Experiences and Our Baby Boy's Name





I should have started this self journal since two months of my pregnancy. But I didn’t know how to start it because I was not so sure about it until I missed my period for two months. My Sweetheart even bought me a pregnancy test, the first month and it turned out to be negative. On September 19, 2009, I decided to go to the hospital with a close friend of mine for a pregnancy test and doctor’s consultation. I was overjoyed by the announcement of the physician that the result is positive. I went home with a smile on my face and told him that I am pregnant. I didn’t know then if he’s excited as I am when I told him but he just hugged and kissed me instead. I thought that was really a man’s gesture to “say nothing at all” as it is common to them to hide their true feelings.

I attached the video link above to remind me of the fetal development of my little one inside me. Last Saturday, we've decided to choose "Ryne Ernest" as our baby's name. Ryne pronounced as "Ryan" the spelling is like that because he said that is a first name (how they spell it) in America and Ryan is considered as the last name like Meg Ryan, for example. Ernest will be the second name (from paternal grandfather's name) and both names are not common name here.

Since last week, I started feeling my little one moving around my tummy. It feels like the baby is moving his/her feet or jumping inside my womb. I couldn't sleep better than before because I got so jumpy and made me smile that I could feel him/her. Yesterday, I felt left leg cramps in the afternoon so I took a walk for about 40 minutes going to Tesco's (a supermarket nearby) and back home. I feel discomfort sleeping at night and I don't think it's a mere "insomnia" which I thought it was. This is something I could not explain about my body. I know my mind wants to rest but my body is feeling discomfort.


The image above is from baby center.com, which shows about my baby's position in my womb.

During my 4-8 weeks, I felt that my boobies were swollen and itchy.. Well, it is continuously getting bigger and itchier up to this time. I am afraid of stretch marks around my breasts, though. So I am controlling myself not to scratch at all. However, whether to scratch or not there is always a stretch mark as proof that our skin expanded and after giving birth it'll shrink back to normal (weight loss after birth will reveal the ugly stretch marks). For now, I don't wanna think about the ugliest part of pregnancy :D ... just hoping and praying that our little one is healthy and normal. I believe that is more important than keeping my skin good looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...