"Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul."- Robert Anton Wilson

“It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding” – Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Knocked Up : My 23rd Week Starts Today




This week is my 23rd week of my pregnancy (5 months and 3 weeks). Today is Wednesday, 23rd of December, a day after tomorrow will be Christmas day already. It feels wonderful to have a new life inside me and starting a family with someone who really loves me (and I love him, too).

I am getting more excited because we will be informed by the physician about our little one’s gender on Monday (December 28). It doesn’t matter if the baby is a boy or a girl, as long as he/she is healthy and normal. I am just excited on what name are we going to give him/her, what kind of clothes are we going to buy, the scrap/baby book design, etc. I hope and pray whatever his/her gender, he/she is safe from harm inside my tummy.

Since three weeks ago, I have been feeling the movement of my little martial arts inside me. I also started feeling slight contractions but the doctor’s said that it’s quite normal. I even researched online about what I was feeling and it’s the same thing- it’s normal for five months pregnant to feel contractions as the muscle is stretching and preparing to expand for the growing baby. Couple with that, I experienced muscle pain and sleep discomfort from 21st week up to this time.

My little solutions to these challenges are:

1. Just mere relaxation/rest whenever I feel contractions;

2. A 30 minute walking exercise everyday will do to help my blood flowing all over my body to avoid muscle pain and to keep me healthy;

3. Monitoring my food intake, maybe I am lacking any vitamins and minerals in my diet. Couple of weeks ago, I ate beans (vegetable) three or four times a week and that’s not balanced diet anymore. As a result - muscle pain or leg cramps (specifically, my left leg). I must eat plenty of vegetables (all kinds not one kind) and fruits, too.

4. I must not sleep more than 8 hours a day and avoid sleeping in the afternoon so that I can avoid insomnia and be over weight. Also, I can sleep or very sleepy during the night, if I have sleeping problem.

5. Include dancing and yoga in my daily exercises in the morning when I wake up. Sing a song everyday and listen to wonderful, peaceful and happy music for relaxation.

6. Lastly, I should maintain a healthy, happy, smiling, laughing and positive physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual attitude everyday. Let all stresses be GONE. There is more to life than worries. Must think of a “SOLUTION” (or better solution) not worries. Any problem will not be solved just by worrying things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...