"Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul."- Robert Anton Wilson

“It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding” – Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

39th Week of My Pregnancy: Pre Natal Check Up

I didn't expect that today will be my last day of check up with my OB. He told us to go back next week, wtf? My due date is next week on 22nd or 4th of April, already. I thought my doctor would do internal examination (inserting the finger to vagina to measure if the patient is already dilated of certain centimeter/s) on me. But he just did an ultrasound, AGAIN!

In the Philippines, the doctor or midwife will never advice to undergo an ultrasound unless it is necessary and must not be more than once (unless again, necessary) for only two famous reasons which are: to determine the sex of the baby (boy or girl) and the exact position or situation of the baby inside the womb (head down, side ways, breech, cord around the neck). This ultrasound will be advised on the 6th month and/or before the due date. Which simply means not every monthly pre-natal check up which is happening to me. This is freaking me out!

I don't know if my OB is just after his doctor's fee which makes NO SENSE because all he's gonna do is just ultrasound and not elaborating details of what's happening because he's running out of English (He's a Thai).

Just imagine, my last month's check up was March 29 (ultrasound again) and yesterday April 12 (ultrasound still)... My goodness! I wish this ultrasound radiation won't affect my daughter's health otherwise... I'll kill my OB!

My weight is 77.1 kgs.(76.2 kgs. last March 29). The dumbass nurse got my blood pressure right away without telling me to rest a bit because I just arrived. Of course, my blood pressure will go up (what do u expect?). My blood pressure was 122/68.

It really surprised me when the baby's weight increased from 3.23 kgs. to 3.55 kgs. within two weeks. I gained a kilo in two weeks, OMG! :P I'm praying that I won't have to undergo a C-section. Help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...