"Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul."- Robert Anton Wilson

“It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding” – Erma Bombeck

Monday, March 29, 2010

37th Week of My Pregnancy: 9 month Prenatal Check-Up

I had my nine month prenatal visit to my OBgyn this afternoon. Before, we usually go in the morning but we both decided to be there a little late. We are both feel sleepy and lazy to go early in the morning.

We've waited like forever to be served, there were many patients this afternoon ahead of me. If I am not mistaken, we waited for one and half hour. The nurses got my weight and blood pressure. They told me to get my urine sample, as the usual procedure... My weight is now 76.2 kilos (before was 73.1). I couldn't remember my blood pressure but I am sure I've got low blood pressure this time. It is because of my super late sleep or irregular hours of sleep.

We thought that my last prenatal check up was this afternoon. Apparently, the doctor told us that our last visit to the doctor will be on April 12, a week before my due date.









I've undergone sonogram again (as usual every visit). The doctor said that the baby is doing fine, she is now 3.28 kilos and I may give birth any day soon because the baby is in full term already and she's in head down position which means ready to come out hehehe. Which simply means to say that if she will arrive tomorrow, she will no longer be a premature baby because she reached more than 36 weeks of gestation. But I believe, it is safer if she will be born on her 37 or 38 weeks.

She is very, very, very active inside my womb stretching her body, kicking and moving. She also experience hiccups almost everyday. I noticed that my body is so much heavier now, it is difficult to stand up from sitting position, long hours of walking, and long time sitting. I have difficulty of sleeping, it is not that I am not sleepy because I really am, like right now. But my baby's movement keeps me awake and stay awake though I feel sleepy. I had short naps in the afternoon but that doesn't help. I have 5-6 hours of sleep every morning because I can't sleep at night :D.. I usually go to bed at 3 or 4 am already and wakes up at 8 or 9am. Although, I tried to sleep I still couldn't. Last time, I went to bed at 9pm, but it is still the same because I was able to sleep at 3am.

My husband was thinking of having the baby on the 12th of April, Monday. He would like me to have induce labor on that day because his vacation will be over too soon and he needs to go back to work by the 3rd week of April. He doesn't want to worry about me waiting for him to come home and take me to the hospital. He was thinking to have me induced on my next pre-natal appointment.

I am a little afraid though, but I am constantly praying so I may have strength and take my fears away. "I will be fine... Our little Sofia will be delivered safely and she will be healthy", I told myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...