"Pregnancy is a kind of miracle. Especially so in that it proves that a man and woman can conspire to force God to create a new soul."- Robert Anton Wilson

“It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding” – Erma Bombeck

Thursday, January 7, 2010

My 25th Week: Baby Shower? Baby Sprinkle? or Welcome Party?

It is my 25th week now. My tummy is getting bigger and bigger. I took a picture of myself to remind me how big my tummy is and to show our baby and my first daughter how I look when I was pregnant.

One of my friends asked me if there are plans for a baby shower for me. I told her, there isn’t any yet, but I would be interested if they would plan for me. Honestly, I don’t have any ideas about the baby shower except for just merely giving gifts that’s all. I researched anything about having a baby shower. And I it’s so funny because I’ve learned so many things about “baby shower”. The really funny part is… the mom-to-be must not be the host of her own baby shower party. Since it is my second child, it is called a “baby sprinkle” and not a baby shower because that would only refer to the first born. Technically speaking, our baby Sofia is “my second child” but also, my “first born” because his father is not the same dad of my first daughter. Are you getting dizzy now? hahaha.

Anyway, whatever they call it whether a baby shower or baby sprinkle, it doesn’t matter to me. I would plan to talk to a friend of mine here in Bangkok to arrange a baby shower or sprinkle after giving birth to meet the new member of the family. Personally, I would like to call it “baby Sofia’s welcome party” or “meet our baby Sofia” than calling it a baby shower. I’ll just invite few friends of mine like those whom we’ve decided to be her god parents or sponsors (ninong and ninang in Filipino term).

It is too early to plan for the welcome party of our baby Sofia, but the soonest the better because I would be able to figure out how many people are coming and I would foresee the feasibility of my plan. My due date is April 22 or 24, then after a month (May) would be summer vacation. This is the best time to conduct a party when they are on vacation. But I must be aware of their schedule because they might go out of town, go to the Philippines and other country for a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...